TABLE OF CONTENTS
A shopping cart is an essential element of an e-commerce site. This online and virtual platform that allows visitors to make purchases online. When your clients’ checkout, the cart keeps track of all items added during their site visit. It also calculates taxes, shipping fees, and other payment details. In essence, the shopping cart collects the payment details of your clients.
Shopping cart software usually entails two components. Firstly, the storefront is accessible by customers. Secondly, there is a backend or administration portion only accessible by the merchant. An e-commerce shopping cart is the gateway transmitting payment details to the card network for approval authorization. It’s the holy grail when it comes to generating revenue for your website.
If you are considering opening an e-commerce store, then a shopping cart is essential. It will make receiving payments seamless and secure. There are a lot of choices when it comes to picking an e-commerce shopping cart. A quick Google search will reveal thousands of options. However, you need to find a payment gateway that will suit your business needs as well as improve customer experience. Below are factors to consider when selecting a shopping cart platform.
Key Considerations of an e-Commerce Shopping Cart
- Hosted or Not Hosted – Hosted shopping carts are more popular than licensed, or non-hosted, shopping carts. A non-hosted cart requires hands-on technical expertise and is associated with higher upfront costs. The beauty of a hosted e-commerce shopping cart platform is a skilled third-party is responsible for server backups, upgrades, and maintenance. It is an excellent option for business owners with a limited technical background.
- Features – Important key components to consider are mobile adaptiveness, ease to use, sleek design, and SEO functionality. Analytic reporting and inventory management are also imperative to many e-Commerce businesses.
- Customer Support – Before selecting an e-commerce shopping cart, consider the support offered. Companies like Payment Savvy offering 24/7 client support are the best. If you come across any challenges, you need to be able to reach out to support as soon as possible. Any delays can lead to losses.
Now that you are familiar with what an e-commerce shopping cart is and the factors to consider when choosing one, you are probably wondering the best payment processor is for your business. Payment Savvy is a professional and experienced merchant provider with over a decade in the arena. Our gold-star reputation precedes us and our open API platform means you receive payments seamlessly and without frustration.
The Payment Savvy Difference
- Optimized Payments – Using our open-source API gateway equates to overall efficiency. Our payment solutions are built to be stable, secure, and protected against threats that leave your e-commerce business vulnerable. As always, all of our shopping cart solutions scale so we’ll grow with your business and help your business reach its’ potential quicker.
- Speedy Payments – Modern-day customers demand faster and more flexible payment services. We’ll not only deliver a first-rate suite of payment options for your customers to choose from, but we’ll get those funds into your business bank account fast. Speedy and flexible is the name of our game.
- PCI-Compliant Payment Gateway – When you accept an electronic payment, your e-commerce business is responsible to maintain a specific level of security defined by the card brands. Don’t worry – it’s not as scary as it sounds! With Payment Savvy, all our tools are optimized to exceed PCI compliance standards.
Let us create a custom and scalable e-commerce shopping cart solution for your business. We are always happy to discuss what shopping cart will give you the most bang for your buck while taking your needs and wants into play. At Payment Savvy, all our clients are our business partners – we look forward to learning how we best assist your e-commerce business!
While it is by no means a pleasurable experience, the simple truth of the matter is that recessions are a part of life and something we should accept as an occasional occurrence. We are going to face them once in a while – there is no avoiding that fact. Depending on your perspective (and at…
What Are BINs? A Bank Identification Number (BIN) is the first four or six numbers found on any debit or credit card. Essentially, this set of digits specifies the financial institution that issued a payment card. Every BIN number can be checked to prevent fraud and ensure the protection of both merchants and consumers when…
The Federal Firearms License (FFL) is a cornerstone for businesses in the flourishing firearms industry. In 2022 alone, a staggering 16.4 million firearms were sold across the United States, underscoring the industry’s robust growth. Furthermore, the U.S. firearm industry’s contribution to the economy is substantial, injecting 28 billion dollars into the economy. This booming industry…